Welcome to our new blog, Nudgings. This blog is simply a place for me and a few of my friends to share the things that we think God is teaching us. I like to call them "nudgings" because for me, that is often how I feel when God is teaching me something--it is a nudging to do something or a nudging toward understanding of a biblical truth. My thought has been that while learning from and grasping my own nudgings from God can benefit me, wouldn't sharing those nudgings with others and learning their nudgings as well be even better? So, here is my attempt to become part of a small community of fellow believers who share with each other what God is doing in our lives and hopefully learn from those things along the way.

Right now, I intend to keep this blog public, although as you can see, I am going to be going by "Nudgling". If someone else comes across this blog and would like to share, I will serve as a moderator of sorts and will consider the topic/writing and then potentially share it under my own label with credit given to the original sender (topics of this sort can be emailed to nudgling@gmail.com).

Along those thoughts, then, I will end this introduction with a closing thought from Frederick W. Faber:

There is hardly ever a complete silence in our soul. God is whispering to us well nigh incessantly. Whenever the sounds of the world die out in the soul, or sink low, then we hear these whisperings of God. He is always whispering to us, only we do not always hear because of the noise, hurry, and distraction which life causes as it rushes on.

May we seek to quiet the noise of our lives and hear the whispering, the nudgings, of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment